Thursday, July 24, 2008

Still Strong

The title is referring to Dad's sense of humor. Still going strong. His body is a little weaker but this was our conversation the other day:

Me: Dad - how are you feeling today?

Dad: Well the doctor is going to tell me if I will get better or if I will die. If I die and go up to heaven, I suppose that will be alright. But if I go down, I will be so busy talking to my friends that I don't think I will notice where I am!

***This joke was followed by about a full minute of him laughing at his cleverness. Okay, I chuckled too. You just have to admire his sense of humor.

When he stopped laughing, the jokes didn't stop.

Dad: Did you remember to get my black pants I left at your house? You forgot to send them up with Tim.

Me: I know, I will make sure you get them soon.

Dad: Well, I don't think I can wear them out now! I can hardly walk! (another pause for him to laugh at himself)

Because we can all need a little bit of laughter - her is another link to one of Dad's favorite stories. Complete with the sound of him laughing. (I think he has a laugh that is infectious. I always laugh when he does.) It is the story of Milo Wiltbanks. If you don't know, you need to listen:

The Milo Wiltbanks Story

PS- let me know if the link does not work.

2 comments:

Ken Legler said...

I think I need a dose of "Uncle Phil humor". How delightful! He inspires me to try a new point of view. Thanks for sharing. It means so much. (The link for this story didn't work.)
Jeanine

Christy said...

I love this site...it will be a source of comfort, humor and strenghth to many people for a long time. Your dad is amazing and these stories help us all know that even more.