Sunday, July 13, 2008

07/13/08

Dad seems to be in good spirits. I called him yesterday on the home phone and he didn't answer. I was surprised to have him call me a few minutes later from his cell phone.

Dad: Did you call me?
Me: Yes, but you didn't answer
Dad: Well I don't move as fast as I used to. I used to run the 100 yard dash in 10 seconds and now I move 1 yard in 10 seconds.
Me: How do you feel?
Dad: "I'm fine, we shouted for joy for the ability to come down and live on earth."
Me: Did we shout for joy when we found out how we had to leave this earth?
Dad: "I don't think it mattered. We were just happy for the chance to come down and get bodies, regardless of the way we had to leave."

I am glad Dad can keep such a good perspective on things. In his words, he is moving a lot slower but he has a good attitude and is okay.

Here is another dose of Dad's jokes

Love you,

Nikki

2 comments:

Ryan and Bethany said...

Thank you for keeping this up Nikki. I know it cannot be easy for you guys right now. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Amanda said...

Thank you for the updates. I love the postings and the stories. Our prayers are with you guys. It is so strange that these two brothers would be diagnosed with cancer in the same year...We love Uncle Phil!