Monday, August 16, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

Our father, Philip Ray Brown, has opted to forgo a second chemo treatment and would simply like to enjoy the time he has left. If you would like to send notes of encouragement or anecdotes, letters of love and appreciation, pictures, or even jokes that you know he would enjoy, he would love to hear from you!

You can leave a comment on this blog - we will make sure he sees your notes.

If you would like to email please send it to the following: bhofmann46@gmail.com.

If you would like to send a letter or note by mail please send it directly to him at:

Phil Brown

1824 East Abbedale Lane

Sandy, Utah 84092

Thank you in advance,

With love and sincerely, Phil and Netta's kids

4 comments:

Ken Legler said...

Dear Uncle Phil,
I was sadden to hear about your cancer and the turn for the worse. After experiencing cancer and treatment with my mom and with Ken, I have an understanding of your choice to opt out of chemo. It is my hope that your final days of this life will be full of family and friends and rejoicing for a life well lived.

I scrolled down and read your 2009 Christmas letter again. It gave me a great amount of peace to be reminded of what you know. Death is just a stepping stone in the progression of life. It will be a glorious reunion. There are so many loved ones waiting with open arms to receive you. I love you and appreciate the example of enjoying life to the fullest and being faithful that you have given to me.

Thank-you,
Jeanine

P.S. I am not sure how it will work when it is you time to go, but if you have a chance please give my Mom and Dad a hug for me.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Dear Uncle Phil- We love you so much! My heart is sad but I understand your choice. We hope that you will be free from pain and suffering and be able to enjoy this time with loved ones.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
Love,
Amanda and Theron Hall

Beverly J. said...

Dear Phil,
We are so very sorry to learn of your current struggles. However, we understand completely your decision to just take the time to be with family and friends and rejoice in their love and support. I'm heading to Utah on Friday and will certainly come by to visit and share our family memories and stories. We love you and our prayers are always with you and your kids. See you soon, brother!
Love, Jack A. & Beverly